Updated: Sep 13, 2020
Wondering what to do with the coffee filters papers that are no longer needed, or not the correct brand you wanted and can't be returned?
Worry not, we got you covered with these eight ways to use those filter papers:
1. Filter Immersion brewed coffee ( or even tea) to get a cleaner tasting coffee minus the silt. Works for Ibrik pot, French press and Cold brew.
2. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in microwave.
3. Clean windows and mirrors - Sparkling shine without the lint.
4. Filter broken cork from wine by pouring the wine through a coffee filter to remove broken cork pieces.
5. Recycle frying oil by straining oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
6. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
7. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to stop the soil from leaking out.
8. Snack holder - Use to hold servings of fried peanuts, popcorn, pretzels etc.
Bonus for menfolk: use a small piece to immediately stop bleeding from shaving razor nicks and cut .
(Works for general cuts and bruises too. Please use a properly sanitizer dressing if available. this is only recommended as an emergency option)